Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Coraline, Watangi Day and a 4 car accident in the driveway.

Friday started off pretty good. I wasn't late for work, in fact I think I was even a little early!!!! WOW! I had my hours for the week by 2:30ish so I had to leave early....always nice!!! I decided to take the kids to see Coraline since they had been asking me to go. I let Ron get some much needed sleep and made my mom come with us. What a weird show. I knew it would be strange from the previews but it was a little too strange, a little too scary for Hannah and A LOT inappropriate in some places. For those of you who may have seen it, you probably know what I am talking about. A certain older lady who was very well endowed wears nothing but pasties in one scene! What the....? IS this supposed to be a kids show? Why do they always throw in that kind of adult humor? Usually its just dialog that the kids miss but oh the kids in the theater were not missing this! Every kid was yelling "GROSS!" including mine. So after that my mom watched the kids for Ron and I so we could go out to dinner....alone! Nice again. We went to Bajios and I introduced Ron to the Bajios Quesidilla (yes Brandi I did!!!) It was also Watangi Day. What is that? I don't know and neither did Ron and his mission companion back when they were serving in Texas so they created their own tradition for it. For them its a day to eat ice cream, real creative huh? So after dinner we had to go to Jake's for a shake. While eating them and driving home we got an interesting phone call from his sister Sally informing us that his truck (which was parked in his mom's driveway) had been hit by another car! Oh CRAP! Just what we need! But even better then that is what else happened!!!
Ron's parents home is in Hooper right after 4000 S curves and turns into 5900 W . An older lady in a grey mini van didn't quit make it around the curve. She went off the road, taking street signs with her, into their field heading toward the house. She went for a while, ending up in their front yard, took out their metal flag pole in the middle of the yard, hit Ron's brothers red car totalling it, pushing it into the garage which took off the brick and knocked it off the footings, also ran into their white mini van denting the side a little and breaking tail lights then ended at Ron's truck. The corner of her car is right at Ron's tire so I am not sure if the truck stopped her or if she was already slowing down enough to stop at that point. Luckily it really didn't do much to Ron's truck, but the red car is pretty bad and we were banned from going back in the garage by the cops until a home inspector could come check it out. I don't know for sure if she just lost control or what. Those that were in the house heard the noises then felt the whole house shake. This happened once before over 20 years when Ron was younger. Some kids going WAY too fast around the curve ended up slamming into the side of their house!!!! I think its time for a fence. What is good is that no one was hurt, even the driver. She could have hit the power poles which are close to the street signs she took out or hit the head gate to the irrigation system which is cement! Her air bag didn't even go off! She was pretty lucky..... but I don't think she will be driving much in the future......
















Flag pole



Some of Ron's family and the cops. Where they are standing is where the red car WAS parked.

































CSI even showed up! How exciting!










2 comments:

Nik said...

Thanks for the heads up on Coraline! I wanted to take the kids but I think we will find something else to do....

W just called me and was complaining that our lives are so boring. I think I'll show him how exciting it COULD be. I think I'll take boring. It seems to be less scary and cheaper.

Becca Jo said...

Goodness what is this world coming to? We aren't even safe in our own driveways now?! :)