Tuesday, February 3, 2009

TIMES are changing.....




I have been working full time 8:30-5 since Ron changed jobs over a year ago and I HATE IT!!! I used to work just until 2:30 which was great! I was there when the kids got home from school, I had time to make dinner, it was still light outside when I got home, I was more in tune with the kids and their needs like homework, I could actually visit with my neighbors, etc. So for the past year I have felt SO MUCH more unorganized, stressed, like a bad mom because I don't remember about homework and scouts, I never make dinner since its usually 6 when I get home and kiss Ron goodbye as he runs out the door for work. UGH!!! Anyway, after many days of coming to work late (because Ron was late getting home from work) I finally (well okay with some encouragement from Kellie!!!) talked to my boss about cutting back on my hours. With Brandi gone, it totally sucks being there for 8 hours anyway! So after getting through all the bosses boss and HR red tape I was able to do that. These are my new hours: 9-4. On Friday 9-3:30. I am considered part time now, which means I can't go over 31ish hours and I only get 1/2 the leave time I was getting before. Its okay, I think my sanity is worth it. So the only thing better then cutting back at work would be being able to quit. That is not going to happen any time soon with my bills, so this will do for now. For all you stay at home moms: Be SOOOOO grateful that you get to be home! I know its not easy talking to babies all day, but you are really lucky! If I could go back in time to when Ron and I first had kids I would have done things differently. Oh well....I have an extra hour a day now and that makes me happy, its amazing how much that one hour effects my day.

3 comments:

Becca Jo said...

very nice!! Congrats ;)

Kellie said...

Oh I am so glad that I encourage someone to do something right.. does that make me a good example?? but I am glad you were able to cut back... looks like we need to schedule you some photos.

Nic said...

Yeah Michelle,
I am excited for you. I have missed seeing you. If you have time give me a call.