Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Tooth Fairy

Jonah lost a tooth last night, then informed me with a mischievous look on his face, that he knew the tooth fairy was not real because he and Noah had found their missing teeth in my dresser drawer. Little Stinks! This was a sad day for me. My babies are growing up too fast. Of course it had to happen, they are 10 and 8 years old. That was a pretty long run, right? Actually I think they have been suspicious for a while, but because of Jonah's love of money he hadn't confessed until now. He did ask me last time he lost one:
Jonah: "Mom is the tooth fairy real?"
Me: "Do you believe the tooth fairy is real, because if you don't, then you won't get anymore money for your teeth".
That ended it right there, but this time the cat is out of the bag. He still put his tooth under his pillow last night and magically some money did appear, but that might be the last time. I guess I should have thrown away the teeth every time, but I just couldn't - they are part of my kids! Plus my mom saved mine and gave them back to me later when I was older. I think I still have them, ew! I told them both not to say anything to Hannah or any of their friends. I don't want my kids to be the bearer of bad news to anyone else. Now I am just waiting for the next big question: "Mom is Santa real?" That one will kill me!

0 comments: