Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Scrapbooking with Lisa Bearnson and Friends

















My Friends Holly, Noreen, Tiffany and I just had the funnest (is that proper English? Oh well!) couple of days at a scrapbook getaway. We went to the Lisa Bearnson Adventures on August 5-6. It was all based around a book called STARGIRL that Lisa read and loved. She sent us all a copy of the book to read before we came. Ya....um... I was the only one that didn't get it read all the way. Breaking Dawn took precedence! Holly had to give me her "cliff notes". We got to tour and shop at 3 local scrapbook manufactures and the magazine offices. Later that night we went to a Keynote address by Lisa, made some cards and scrapbooked. Okay.... so we really didn't get that much done, but it was still fun. Here is a picture of us with Lisa. She is our scrapbook idol!!! We watch her on QVC, buy her books and products and subscribe to Creating Keepsakes Magazine which she co-founded. She was soooo nice. I was too chicken to say anything to her, luckily Noreen is not shy and asked if we could have a picture with her. She was totally cool. We were on her sister Angela's bus for the factory tours and got all kinds of juicy gossip on her. The second photo is Lisa and her sister Angela with Lisa's boss. What I love about Lisa is the fact that she is not afraid to express her love of the church and gospel. She is LDS and shows that in her layouts on QVC and in the magazine. I think that is pretty cool. What a great example to the scrapbookers around the world. If you are not a scrapbooker then you just don't get it! Scrapbooking is not just a UTAH thing - its worldwide! When I told my family that I was going to this and going to meet this Scrapbook Celebrity they just looked at me like "there are scrapbook celebrities????" YES there are!
The next day we went to a couple of scrapbook classes and then spent the rest of the day SHOPPING! I don't think the workers at the Lane Bryant in South Salt Lake will ever recover from our whirlwind shopping spree/fashion show. I think we made their day, they were laughing along with us. We checked out IKEA - totally love it and of course a scrapbook store! We had a great time, just the 4 of us. It has been a long time since we did anything together like that and we are planning on doing it again.....soon.
















2 comments:

Nik said...

Okay, tell Holly I believe her, now- thanks to you!

Angie said...

What fun you are having thanks for posting so I can be jealous of your fun adventures.

Angie