Thursday, September 4, 2008

Girls (and some boys) Weekend in Park City

We went to our second annual Girls Weekend in Park City over Labor Day. My dad and step-mom have a condo there and for the last 2 years they have invited the girls up for Shopping, Swimming and relaxing fun. This year we went to the Olympic Park. This is something I have been wanting to see since we had the Olympics. There are some pretty cool things in the museum. Here is Hannah holding the torch.
My Silly Daddy skiing. He actually is an awesome skier and used to look like this for real! My dad taught me to ski when I was young but with kids and work and life I have not been back for a couple of years.
Hannah and Maile in the bobsled
Yadi, My brothers wife, LuWana my step-mom, Me and Jen
The tour guide called on my niece Selena to help him demonstrate how this sled worked. She thought she was really going to go down the hill.
This is the view from the top of the ski jump. Holy Crap its like straight down!!! I don't know if this picture does it justice. I don't know how or why anyone would want to do this sport. The guy said kids start this as early as 11 years old! UGH. Their mom's let them???
We sat and watched people ski jump into this pool of water which would feel great except that it was only about 60 degrees in Park City on Labor Day! Brrrrr
Haley, Selena and Carly. Teenage Drama Queens. They didn't want to do anything, but we made them and they had fun.
So we are walking around the museum and my sister and I see this picture of a "volunteer" with Anton Ohno (sp?) and we at that same time pointed and said "hey thats mom's cousin!" This lady is totally my mom's cousin. I don't know if she knows that this picture of her is in the museum but how totally cool is that?
Yes, I layed on the ground for this one and I still couldn't get the whole sign!
Sisters Haley and Maile
Selena and Hannah
Hannah and Maile
So we had fun, spent money on great shopping deals, had drama, slept on crappy matresses, ate, swam and then went back home. :)

0 comments: