Tuesday, September 9, 2008

May the Force be with you.....

Saturday I took the kids to Pottery Barn in Salt Lake to meet some Star Wars Characters. My boys LOVE Star Wars thanks to Ron. Ron was a fan when he was younger but I think these boys love it more then he ever did. With the movies, toys, video games, Resturant toys (thanks McDonalds!!!) it has been a great thing for them all to bond together with. Pottery Barn has a line of Star Wars bedding and were using the characters to promote it. I was tempted to buy a sheet set for each of the boys but at $59 for a twin set I was like um.....no thanks. I could have bought them each a pillow case but they were $14 for one! If anyone knows me they know that I am not too cheap to buy what I want, but even those prices were too steep for me. I know what you are thinking - if it would have been princess sheets for Hannah I probably would have bought them.....okay you are right....!
Hannah wanted NOTHING to do with Darth Vader and the storm Trooper. She freaked out when she saw them and wouldn't go anywhere near them. She would get close to this Jedi though, long enough for a picture.


So after driving all the way to Salt Lake to see Darth Vader for about 10 minutes I didn't want to turn around and go back home, besides Ron was home sleeping since he worked all weekend. So we went to Hard Rock Cafe in Trolly Square by the Pottery Barn. That probably wasn't the smartest move. It was $50 for the 4 of us (and I wonder why I never have any money!!!). They probably would have been fine going back to McDonalds again and then they would have got another Star Wars toy!!!!

1 comments:

Nic said...

Hello my new found friend. I finally found your blog. It looks awesome. I am so excited to serve in primary with you. I am sad I haven't gotten to know you sooner. You are so fun. You are a great teacher as well. I love the star wars theme. I never get the chance to revel in it because my girls are frightened by movies like that. Oh well, I will live vicariously through you. May the force be with you.