Monday, September 15, 2008

Missionary Work




Check out this cool story from my cousins son who is serving a mission in Lousianna. He sent this email to my aunt, his grandma. He is the one of the left of Karl.

Hey grandma,
It was great to hear from you. Fortunatly enough we didn't suffer
much damage here. We lost power for about 10 hours yesterday and got
over a foot of rain causing some severe flooding. But overall the
storm wasn't as bad as they anticipated. I don't imagine we will be
doing much service. We still proselyted all week. I have an awesome
story to share with you about this week.

So Monday Elder Solie and I went to Ruston, LA to attend the Ruston
districts District meeting then went on exchanges with them
afterwards. This was the night that Gustav came through. We planned
on coming back to Monroe at dinner time since it's a 45 minute drive
back. But at dinner I said hey doesn't Karl Malone live in your area?
They knew where he lived so I asked them to lead us to his house. So
we drove up took a picture of his house and then dared each other to
knock on his door. His house is completely gated in, but we chickened
out and headed back. We got to the Chevron and were gonna say good
bye, when we again talked each other into trying to talk to Karl.

Well we all jumped in our car and we headed back to his house. I
pulled up to the gate and hit the button and a lady said How can I
help you. Without thinking I said Can we see Karl Malone? She said
well who is this, I said were some missionaries from Utah. It then
went quiet for about a minute and all of a sudden the gate opened!!
So we drove in and were greeted by Karl Malone's wife and daughters.

They let us right into his Cabella's looking house and told us to sit.
To make a long story short we spent the next 2 hours visting with
Karl Malone and his family and the Louisiana Tech coach today as well
as the coach that recruited Karl into Louisiana Tech 30 years ago. We
even had steak cooked by Karl himself, and he even took our dishes. I
couldn't believe it, and at the end we taught him about prayer and had
a prayer with him! It was the coolest thing, we taught and ate dinner
in Karl Malone's house!!! How many people can say that!?! haha I'll
send more information this week! I love being a missionary!
Just thought I would send you a picture of my good buddy Karl!!




0 comments: