Monday, September 22, 2008

Life is good (REALLY!)

Over the last couple of weeks life has been REALLY crazy and stressful for me. I have complained (and cried) to family and friends about work, wanting another baby, never seeing Ron, thinking that my kids are missing out on activities and experiences because of our schedules, Our messy house, MONEY (lack of), being FAT!!! :) but mostly about the fact that I have to work for us to be able to pay the bills. This is by far my biggest stress. I am sad that I don't get to be a stay at home mom which really is all I wanted to be when I grew up! So after having a melt down last week I was scanning over Blogs that I read on a regular basis. A couple of months ago I found a story on Nikki's blog about a couple in a plane crash and how the girls sister has been updating her blog to give us all (total strangers!) the progress on the couple and how they are taking care of the couples kids. I cry almost every time I read it. They are LDS and they have such great outlooks on life and this horrible situation they are in. Check out these blogs: www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com and blog.cjanerun.com . So while reading those the other day I came across this one www.sccsdecker.blogspot.com and if you read it you will see why I spent that day crying. This poor lady went in for an emergency C-section, developed a life threatening infection and the medicine she was on to save her life ended up making her blind, she lost both legs below the knee and had her left arm amputated. Suddenly my life is not that bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even imagine going through all that and hopefully I won't ever have to. So I thought I would list the good stuff in my life since I have been so focused on the bad for a while now. This is mostly therapy for myself to remind me how lucky I am!

1. I have a great, wonderful husband that I love and I know loves me. He spoils me as much as he can, which probably isn't a good thing but.....
2. I have 3 healthy, beautiful kids. I didn't have childbirth problems, they were all born big (Noah 9lbs 1oz!!!) and healthy, none of them have had major health issues besides stitches and bruises. Jonah does have a heart condition (Long QT Syndrome) but he is on the bottom of the scale and hasn't had a problem with it so far. Just don't try to give him anything with caffeine in it, he can't have it and won't take it!
3. I am healthy ( I think, I haven't been to the doc for a while!) I have the same heart condition as Jonah (sorry Jo I did give it to you!) but I have never had a problem with it either, which makes it easy to ignore it much to the stress of my family!
4. Family - Gosh what can I say. I am spoiled with Family! I have an awesome sister Jen, Loving parents, brothers and sisters and in-laws, grandma, aunts........... lots of love. It makes me sad when people don't get along with their family, I don't understand that because I have always been so blessed!!!!
5. I have lots of groups of friends that make me feel loved when I am stressed and forgive me when I am going off and complaining. Scrapbook Friends, Roy ward friends, Robo Posse, New York Nannies, Work friends. Brandi - you make work bearable, since I have to work I am glad I have someone to make a laugh while I am there! I need to make it a goal to make more friends in my ward.....so say hi to me in the hall. I am kind-of shy but I will work on that too.
6. I have a job. I have been here for 15 years so its a good job and I am not out there trying to find a job or currently have the fear that I will loose it. Its steady, so as long as I have to work I am grateful that I work there.
7. I have a nice house (even though its always a mess), we have a couple of vehicles that work and I don't have to worry about car problems, we have never had to pay for daycare for the kids because Ron and I have always work opposite schedules. So this is good and bad, but I am supposed to be looking at the good so.... at least we didn't have to pay for daycare or worry about our kids with strangers. Plus it gives Ron some great Daddy time. Most dads don't spend as much time with their kids as Ron has and I think that is a blessing for the kids and us.
8. I am really glad that I live where I live. I am not on the southern coast dealing with hurricanes and loosing everything, or in California with earthquakes and fires or dealing with tornado's in the mid west. Its silly but I think we have it made living in Utah. ( I may have just jinxed us and now we will get "THE BIG ONE".)
9. So....I am fat, but hey that means I am not starving right? That is something to be grateful for.
10. I have more scrapbook supplies then 1 person needs, just ask Holly. I am lucky that I can do something I love and also get to hang out with friends and do it. I can't wait until our getaway in November!!!!!!!!!

There are more things that I am grateful for but I am feeling better now and whoever is reading this is probably bored. I know I am not the only one with stresses and worries and that no one has it "made". I am grateful for what I do have and I know that I am blessed and loved and life is good, really!

1 comments:

Turpin Times said...

Michelle, this is Mindi from the "Roy ward". I hope you don't mind that I'm reading your blog, but I just wanted to tell you that I think you are fantastic. I love your honesty and you are quite funny. I'm sad that you moved just as I was getting to know you. It's okay to get down occasionally, but you really are blessed and wise to realize it! Oh, and Alan loved the story and photo of Karl Malone.